Hobart Airport Public Car Parks Online Booking
Terms and Conditions (“Terms”)
- You will need to make the reservation at least 24 hours prior to the parking period.
- Discounted rates are only available online.
- You will be charged in full for your Booking if you have not cancelled it earlier than 24 hours before the start of the Booking Period.
- Overstays will attract additional charges in accordance with the parking rate boards posted at the car park entry.
- No refund will be made if your stay is shorter than the Booking Period.
- You must use the barcode printed on your booking confirmation and retain the ticket issued at the gate to enter the car park:
- If you enter the Car Park using the green “Press for Ticket” button, your booking will not be recognised and you will incur the full parking charge applicable for your length of stay in accordance with the Parking Rates Board posted at the Car Park entry.
- Your Booking is valid only for the Car Park and Service Level specified in your Booking Details.
1.1 Please read and understand these Terms before completing your Booking. They apply to Bookings for parking at Hobart Airport Car Parks and will form the basis of our agreement with you once a Booking is made and you receive our e-mail confirmation.
1.2 If there is anything you do not understand in these Terms or do not agree with, please do not proceed with your Booking. You may contact us at email@example.com with questions.
1.3 When using the Car Park you must comply with the Conditions of Entry. A copy of the Conditions of Entry can be found at Attachment A of these Terms.
1.4 By entering a Car Park to fulfil your Booking, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted the Conditions of Entry, so please read them carefully. We may vary these Terms and/or the Conditions of Entry at any time by posting an updated version to our Website and/or an updated notice at the entry to the Car Park.
1.5 Changes in Terms will not affect any Bookings made before the update is posted; however, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are familiar with the latest version of these Terms at the time you make a Booking.
When reading these Terms the following words or phrases have the attributed meanings:
2.1 “Hobart Airport” means Hobart International Airport Pty Limited.
2.2 “Hobart Airport Authorised Reseller” means a person (or company) expressly authorised by Hobart Airport to sell Bookings.
2.3 “Booking” means any online booking made through our Website (or through a Hobart Airport Authorised Reseller) for the parking of a Vehicle at a Car Park.
2.4 “Booking Confirmation” means the details of your Booking provided on your Booking confirmation sheet that is made available at the time of booking on our Website.
2.5 “Booking Period” means the period covered by your Booking, as specified in your Booking Confirmation.
2.6 “Car Parks” means the terminal public car parks at Hobart Airport, and “Car Park” shall be interpreted accordingly.
2.7 “Claim” means an action, claim, proceeding, expense or demand.
2.8 “Conditions of Entry” means the conditions for use of the Car Park displayed on the Parking Rates Board a copy of which is set out at Attachment A to these Terms.
2.9 “Parking Charge” means the parking charges payable in relation to your Booking, as specified in your Booking Confirmation. The Parking charge will include parking fees, booking fees and credit card fees determined by Hobart Airport or a Hobart Airport Authorised Reseller, only if applicable and only when specified.
2.10 “Parking Rates Board” means any board or notice at the entrance to a Car Park displaying the standard charges to be paid for parking and the Conditions of Entry.
2.12 “Service Level” refers to self-park, valet, or any other service designation sold on our website or available in our Car Parks.
2.13 “Vehicle” means any vehicle parked (or to be parked) in a Car Park and includes any mechanical device on wheels or tracks, its equipment and accessories.
2.14 “We, us, our” means Hobart International Airport Pty Limited.
2.15 “Website” means our website www.hobartairport.com.au with its home page or Hobart Airport’s parking home page, parking booking engine pages and other parking information pages.
2.16 “You, your” means you, the person making a Booking, an agent making a booking for you (if applicable), and (if applicable) any other person who uses a Car Park for the parking of a Vehicle via that Booking.
2.17 The headings are for information only and do not affect the interpretation of these Terms.
2.18 References to “including” and similar expressions are not words of limitation.
- Our Booking Service
3.1 While we will make our best efforts to provide this service to you continuously, we do not guarantee that our online booking service will be available at all times, or that we can provide access to our Car Parks at all times. Availability of Car Parks is subject to our technical, logistical, operational and security requirements.
3.2 If in the unusual event we are unable to accommodate you either in the Car Park you booked or Service Level you booked, we may accommodate your parking needs as follows at our discretion:
(a) self-parkers may be upgraded to valet at no additional charge;
(b) self or valet parkers may be directed to park in any non-reserved bay in another Hobart Airport car park at no additional charge:
- If you are directed to use a Service Level that is cheaper than the Service Level you purchased, we will refund the difference in your parking fee.
(c) if in the unusual event we are unable to accommodate you in any of our Car Parks at the date your booking begins:
(i) we will make efforts to organise alternative arrangements to accommodate your vehicle at our cost; or
(ii) we will provide you with a full refund, unless you purchased your booking from any person other than Hobart Airport.
To attain your refund, please provide us with a written request, together with proof of booking and payment and send to Hobart Airport Car Park Manager, Hobart Airport, 6 Hinkler Road, Cambridge, TAS 7170.
3.3 The full refund of your Parking Charge will be the full extent of our liability to you.
3.4 You agree that you will not attempt to transfer or resell any Booking, either on its own or bundled with other products or services.
3.5 We reserve the right to limit the number of Bookings per Car Park, Service Level or person, as specified from time to time on our Website.
3.6 Bookings are only valid when you receive a Booking Confirmation via email or on the Website. You must print out and retain your Booking Confirmation.
3.7 The online parking system is only available for cars, motorcycles, light utilities and light vans.
3.8 The Booking is not transferable and must not be offered for resale, except by a Hobart Airport Authorised Reseller. The Booking must only be used by you or someone authorised by you.
- Disabled Spaces
4.1 We cannot accept bookings specifically for disabled spaces. Our Car Parks include ample accessible spaces for use by mobility card holders.
- Cancelling or Amending a Booking
5.1 You may cancel or amend your Booking, for any reason, at any time, up to 24 hours before the start of the Booking Period.
5.2 if you have an online booking account, you may cancel or amend your booking yourself, at any time up to 24 hours before the start of the Booking Period, by logging in to your account and selecting the relevant options.
5.3 If you do not have an online account or you have been unable to successfully cancel your Booking via your online account, then you may cancel your booking by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and providing your full name, address, and Booking Confirmation number at any time up to 48 hours before the start of the Booking Period. Please note our customer service operator is generally on duty from 9 am to 5 pm during the week and may not be available at all times.
5.4 If you purchased your Booking from any person other than Hobart Airport (such as a Hobart Airport Authorised Reseller) and you require a refund or cancellation, you must seek that refund or cancellation from that other person.
5.5 You will be charged in full for your Booking if you have not cancelled it earlier than 24 hours before the start of the Booking Period.
5.6 You are only entitled to a refund from Hobart Airport where you:
(a) paid for your Booking using your own credit card; and
(b) effectively cancel a Booking 24 hours or more prior to the start of the Booking Period; or
(c) we are unable to accommodate your vehicle in accordance with clause 3.2(c) of these Terms.
5.7 For the avoidance of doubt, you are not entitled to a refund from Hobart Airport if:
(a) you did not pay for your Booking using your own credit card (for example, if you booked via a third party travel agent who processed the Booking using their own credit card);
(b) you do not use the whole or part of the Booking;
(c) you purchased your Booking from another person (such as a Hobart Airport Authorised Reseller); or
(d) you cancel the Booking less than 24 hours prior to the start of the Booking Period.
- Prices and How to Pay
6.1 The Parking Charge that you are quoted on our Website includes GST. The Parking Charge is fixed when you make your Booking, however overstays will be charged when you exit at the rates displayed on the Parking Rates Board when you entered. Pricing may vary depending on time of booking and availability.
6.2 You can pay for your Booking by using any of the credit cards shown on our Website. Credit cards are the only form of payment we are able to accept.
6.3 When you provide your credit card details and complete your Booking, you are authorising us to charge your credit card with the amount of the Parking Charge.
6.4 If the credit card payment used for your Booking fails then your Booking will not be processed and will not be valid for use.
- Booking period
7.1 Unless your Booking is cancelled in accordance with clause 5 of these Terms, you agree to pay us to use our Car Parks during the Booking Period.
7.2 No refund will be made if your stay is shorter than the Booking Period.
7.3 If you arrive early or leave late such that your Vehicle is parked in a Car Park for any time outside the Booking Period, you will be charged for that time when you exit at the rates displayed on the Parking Rates Board when you entered.
7.4 Please note that the Parking Rates Board will not necessarily reflect car parking rates available on the online parking Website.
- Arriving at the Car Park
8.1 IMPORTANT: You must use the barcode printed on your booking confirmation for entry at the Car Park and you must retain the ticket produced at entry. This ticket must be used to exit the Car Park.
8.2 When you arrive at the Car Park, you will need to scan your barcode. DO NOT press the green button.
8.3 If you enter the Car Park using the green button, your Booking will not be recognised and you will incur the full parking charge applicable for your length of stay based on the Parking Rates Board posted at the Car Park entry.
You will then need to write to us at the address noted in clause 16 below for a refund of the parking fee you were charged in addition to the Parking Charge you paid using the online parking system. To receive a refund, you must write a letter to us explaining the circumstances (that you were double charged due to use of the green button) and providing a copy of your paid online Booking Confirmation along with proof of additional charge paid at the car park. Our contact details are listed at the end of these Terms below. Hobart Airport reserves the right to reject a claim for a refund.
8.4 Your Booking is valid only for the Car Park and Service Level specified in your Booking Details.
Use of a different Car Park or Service Level will incur standard charges as displayed at the Parking Rates Board upon exit and you will not be entitled to any refund or reduction of your Parking Charge.
8.5 Please print off and refer to your Booking Confirmation for your booking details and for a record of your Booking.
- Vehicles Permitted in our Car Parks
9.1 You are responsible for ensuring that your vehicle complies with size and height restrictions at the Car Parks. You are not entitled to a refund if your Vehicle exceeds the size limits we impose from time to time.
- Liability and Indemnity
10.1 We will only be liable to you under these Terms if:
(a) we are or have been negligent; or
(b) we have otherwise breached our statutory obligations to you.
10.2 However under no circumstances are we liable to you for any lost profits, lost opportunity, loss of reputation or any indirect or consequential loss. In addition we will not be liable to you for any part of any cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by you which is caused:
(a) by your acts or omissions or the acts or omissions of other users of the Car Park; or
(b) otherwise in excess of what an ordinary person in a like situation would suffer, or which is caused by circumstances unique to your situation.
10.3 To the extent the law permits, Hobart Airport is not liable to you for theft of your Vehicle or any property from your Vehicle or damage to your Vehicle by other users of the Car Park, including through a collision between Vehicles.
10.4 You are liable to us for any cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by us in connection with any death or personal injury of any person or any damage to any real and personal property directly or indirectly caused or contributed to by:
(a) the unsafe or illegal operation of a Vehicle;
(b) non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry;
(c) negligence or misconduct; or
(d) any wilful, intentional or malicious act,
by You or any person authorised by You to operate your Vehicle while in the Car Park except to the extent that any negligent act or omission by Hobart Airport contributed to the cost, expense, loss or damage.
10.5 You indemnify us for any cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by us in connection with any death or personal injury of any person or any damage to any real and personal property directly or indirectly caused or contributed to by You or the person authorised by You that is in charge of your Vehicle in the Car Park.
10.6 To the extent the law permits, in the case of any guarantees, warranties or conditions implied into these Terms by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), Hobart Airport limits its liability to:
(a) supplying the services to you again;
(b) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again; or
(c) a refund of some or all of the Parking Charges paid by you.
- Your Responsibility to meet Airline Check in Time
11.1 It is your responsibility to meet your airline’s check-in time and to allow sufficient time for unexpected delays, traffic congestion at or near Hobart Airport, unavailability of Car Park space, accident, road works, delays or inoperation of transport services between the Car Park and the terminal (if any).
11.2 We will have no liability to you if you miss your flight for any of the reasons set out in clause 11.1. We will only be liable for delay due to our wilful breach or fraud and clause 10.6 will apply.
- Governing Law
13.1 These Terms and any Booking resulting from them are subject to the laws of Tasmania, Australia and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Tasmania situated in Hobart.
- Reading Down
14.1 In the event that any provision or portion of any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions or portions of such provisions of these Terms shall not be adversely affected. The offending provision or any part of such provision shall be read down to the extent necessary to give it legal effect, or shall be severed if it cannot be read down, and the remaining part and provisions of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
- Comments and Complaints
15.1 Any comments relating to the booking procedure should be made in writing to us at our postal or email address listed below. Please provide us with as much information as possible.
15.2 We will try to answer all complaints within 5 working days. If we cannot, we will tell you when we expect to be able to do so.
15.3 If you wish to make a complaint and it is related to an incident, please do so as quickly as possible after the incident as this will better assist our enquiries.
- How to Contact Us
E-mail us at email@example.com
Telephone us on 1300 855 951
Write to us at Car Park Manager, Hobart Airport, 6 Hinkler Road, Cambridge, Tas 7170
ATTACHMENT A: CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Conditions of Entry
Hobart Airport Car Parks Conditions of Entry (“Conditions of Entry”).
These Conditions of Entry apply to any person or Vehicle entering this Car Park.
You accept these Conditions of Entry by entering or using the Car Park.
If you do not accept these Conditions of Entry, you must not enter the Car Park. If you cannot turn your Vehicle around, you may enter the Car Park but you must exit immediately (otherwise a fee will apply for the time you spent in the Car Park).
All Vehicles using the Valet service are subject to inspection at any time. Such inspection may include taking photographs or video (or both) of the exterior and interior of Vehicles to record any existing damage to the Vehicle and the Vehicle’s contents.
Electronic monitoring is underway at all times in all Car Parks including the use of CCTV.
- You agree that you use the Car Park at your own risk.
- We will not be liable to you for any lost profits, lost opportunity, loss of reputation or any indirect or consequential loss. In addition we will not be liable to you for any part of any cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by you which is caused by your acts or omissions or the acts or omissions of other users of the Car Park.
- You are liable to us for any cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by us in connection with any death or personal injury of any person or any damage to any real and personal property directly or indirectly caused or contributed to by:
- the unsafe or illegal operation of a Vehicle;
- non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry;
- negligence or misconduct; or
- any wilful, intentional or malicious act,
by You or any person authorised by You to operate your Vehicle while in the Car Park except to the extent that any negligent act or omission by Hobart Airport contributed to the cost, expense, loss or damage.
- Vehicles left in the Car Park must be locked at all times. Parking tickets and valuables must not be left in Vehicles.
- To the extent the law permits, Hobart Airport is not liable to you for theft of your Vehicle or theft of property from your Vehicle and, in the case of any guarantees, warranties or conditions implied into this contract by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), Hobart Airport limits its liability to, at Hobart Airport’s discretion:
- supplying the services to you again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- You must pay the applicable fee for use of the Car Park.
- You must collect and retain the parking ticket issued to you when you enter the Car Park.
- Hobart Airport may prevent a Vehicle leaving the Car Park until:
- a valid parking ticket is presented and any fees incurred by you in connection with parking are paid,
- a valid parking ticket is accepted by an exit payment machine and any fees incurred by you in connection with parking are paid;
- a valid parking authority is presented to an attendant (if one is present) or accepted by an exit payment machine; or
- in circumstances where you have misplaced the parking ticket issued to you on entry, you provide acceptable evidence of ownership or entitlement to use the Vehicle and pay parking fees that are at least equivalent to a full week’s rate (unless you can provide satisfactory evidence to Hobart Airport that you used the Car Park for a period of less than a day, in which case you must pay the parking fees applicable to that period of use).
- You must not:
- park your Vehicle in more than one car park space. If you do so, you will be charged for each Car Park space your Vehicle occupies; or
- park your Vehicle in a disabled parking space unless your Vehicle clearly displays an Australian or Tasmanian government issued disabled parking permit. If you do so, you will be fined as well as be required to pay any fees incurred in connection with parking.
- Hobart Airport may, in its sole discretion, permit Vehicles to exit the Car Park at any time, whether or not a valid parking ticket is produced.
- Hobart Airport may move or remove a Vehicle for operational or safety reasons or if the Vehicle is parked in an unauthorised spot. You agree to pay any reasonable costs incurred by Hobart Airport in moving or removing (as the case may be) your Vehicle.
- Commercial activities are not permitted in the Car Park unless authorised by Hobart Airport in writing in advance. Any unauthorised use of the Car Park for commercial activities will incur an unauthorised commercial operations fee of $500 for each infringement.
- All users of the Car Park must comply with all signs and direction markings displayed in the Car Park and with any instructions issued by Hobart Airport for the safe use of the Car Park.
- The Australian Road Rules and the Airports (Control of On-Airport Activities) Regulations 1997 (Cth) apply and are enforced at Hobart Airport. Fines are payable for non-compliance.
- These Conditions of Entry are subject to the laws of Tasmania, Australia and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Tasmania situated in Hobart.
- In these Conditions of Entry – “Car Park” means this car park and any access ways to and from this car park; “Claim” means any claim, action, proceeding or demand made by or against a person, however arising and whether present or future, fixed or unascertained, actual or contingent; “Hobart Airport”, “we”, “us” or “our” means Hobart International Airport Pty Ltd and its officers, employees, contractors and agents; “You” means any owner or driver of a Vehicle which has entered the Car Park; and “Vehicle” means any vehicle in the Car Park and includes any mechanical device on wheels or tracks, its equipment and accessories.