HOBART AIRPORT PUBLIC CAR PARKS: CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Hobart Airport Car Parks Conditions of Entry (“Conditions of Entry”).
These Conditions of Entry apply to any person or Vehicle entering this Car Park.
You accept these Conditions of Entry by entering or using the Car Park.
If you do not accept these Conditions of Entry, you must not enter the Car Park. If you cannot turn your Vehicle around, you may enter the Car Park but you must exit immediately (otherwise a fee will apply for the time you spent in the Car Park).
All Vehicles using the Valet service are subject to inspection at any time. Such inspection may include taking photographs or video (or both) of the exterior and interior of Vehicles to record any existing damage to the Vehicle and the Vehicle’s contents.
Electronic monitoring is underway at all times in all Car Parks including the use of CCTV.
- You agree that you use the Car Park at your own risk.
- We will not be liable to you for any lost profits, lost opportunity, loss of reputation or any indirect or consequential loss. In addition we will not be liable to you for any part of any cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by you which is caused by your acts or omissions or the acts or omissions of other users of the Car Park.
- You are liable to us for any cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by us in connection with any death or personal injury of any person or any damage to any real and personal property directly or indirectly caused or contributed to by:
- the unsafe or illegal operation of a Vehicle;
- non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry;
- negligence or misconduct; or
- any wilful, intentional or malicious act,
by You or any person authorised by You to operate your Vehicle while in the Car Park except to the extent that any negligent act or omission by Hobart Airport contributed to the cost, expense, loss or damage.
- Vehicles left in the Car Park must be locked at all times. Parking tickets and valuables must not be left in Vehicles.
- To the extent the law permits, Hobart Airport is not liable to you for theft of your Vehicle or theft of property from your Vehicle and, in the case of any guarantees, warranties or conditions implied into this contract by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), Hobart Airport limits its liability to, at Hobart Airport’s discretion:
- supplying the services to you again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- You must pay the applicable fee for use of the Car Park.
- You must collect and retain the parking ticket issued to you when you enter the Car Park.
- Hobart Airport may prevent a Vehicle leaving the Car Park until:
- a valid parking ticket is presented and any fees incurred by you in connection with parking are paid,
- a valid parking ticket is accepted by an exit payment machine and any fees incurred by you in connection with parking are paid;
- a valid parking authority is presented to an attendant (if one is present) or accepted by an exit payment machine; or
- in circumstances where you have misplaced the parking ticket issued to you on entry, you provide acceptable evidence of ownership or entitlement to use the Vehicle and pay parking fees that are at least equivalent to a full week’s rate (unless you can provide satisfactory evidence to Hobart Airport that you used the Car Park for a period of less than a day, in which case you must pay the parking fees applicable to that period of use).
- You must not:
- park your Vehicle in more than one car park space. If you do so, you will be charged for each Car Park space your Vehicle occupies; or
- park your Vehicle in a disabled parking space unless your Vehicle clearly displays an Australian or Tasmanian government issued disabled parking permit. If you do so, you will be fined as well as be required to pay any fees incurred in connection with parking.
- Hobart Airport may, in its sole discretion, permit Vehicles to exit the Car Park at any time, whether or not a valid parking ticket is produced.
- Hobart Airport may move or remove a Vehicle for operational or safety reasons or if the Vehicle is parked in an unauthorised spot. You agree to pay any reasonable costs incurred by Hobart Airport in moving or removing (as the case may be) your Vehicle.
- Commercial activities are not permitted in the Car Park unless authorised by Hobart Airport in writing in advance. Any unauthorised use of the Car Park for commercial activities will incur an unauthorised commercial operations fee of $500 for each infringement.
- All users of the Car Park must comply with all signs and direction markings displayed in the Car Park and with any instructions issued by Hobart Airport for the safe use of the Car Park.
- The Australian Road Rules and the Airports (Control of On-Airport Activities) Regulations 1997 (Cth) apply and are enforced at Hobart Airport. Fines are payable for non-compliance.
- These Conditions of Entry are subject to the laws of Tasmania, Australia and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Tasmania situated in Hobart.
- In these Conditions of Entry – “Car Park” means this car park and any access ways to and from this car park; “Claim” means any claim, action, proceeding or demand made by or against a person, however arising and whether present or future, fixed or unascertained, actual or contingent; “Hobart Airport”, “we”, “us” or “our” means Hobart International Airport Pty Ltd and its officers, employees, contractors and agents; “You” means any owner or driver of a Vehicle which has entered the Car Park; and “Vehicle” means any vehicle in the Car Park and includes any mechanical device on wheels or tracks, its equipment and accessories.