Expressions of Interest - Closed
Hobart International Airport Pty Ltd (HIAPL) is seeking to rehabilitate their runway and undertake upgrades to runway, taxiways and apron to allow for Code E aircraft operations.
HIAPL previously completed the lengthening of the runway as the initial phase to meeting Code E compliance and consistent with the Major Development Plan for HIAPL.
The upgrade of the airfield package of works seeks to accommodate:
- Rehabilitate the central 18m runway structure to extend operational life by 12 years
- Increase load bearing capacity of RWY1230 and taxiways A and D
- Modify taxiways to accommodate Code E aircraft
- Reconstruct pavement to allow Code E multiple aircraft ramp system (Boeing 777-300)
- Modify taxiways D and F to allow for new Code E apron parking bay
Extension of taxiway J to A
- Associated enabling works including:
- aeronautical ground lighting (AGL)
- upgrade to electrical systems as required
- line marking
- guidance signage
- Optimise apron layout
Expressions of interest have now closed.